Monday, September 7, 2015

Ghastly Encounters Part II (14th of Bearguard, Rose: 47)

The party had just enough time to heal themselves and talk about what to do next when, out of the darkness, came more undead. More packs of ghouls came after the party in each direction.

A few rounds into the melee, though, Tamroohk heard an odd sound. "Yak ... yak .... yak ..."

And another round more, Tamroohk could see a shambling form in the darkness, it's voices (and there were many voices) becoming louder, repeating "Yark ... yark ... York .... YORK!  YORK! YORK!"

Emerging from the darkness came a horrifying image. A slithering aberrant mount of lips, mouths, tongues, teeth, and eyes, crawling across the floor and standing erect, crying out: "YORK! YORK! YORK!" Tamroohk successfully saved against Fear and started hearing its gibbering ...


... meanwhile, other party members started hearing and seeing the thing, too. The pitched battle lasted 10 rounds (three hours in real time, just one minute in game time). Ghasts were still attacking from every side, and the thing was inching closer. And each attack, party members rolled a 1d100 to hear what the Gibbering Mouther had to say, and these are the things it said! Not all things are listed here - just the things that the party heard the Mouther say! (Warning: A lot of this isn't suitable for children, or adults for that matter ... The Gibbering Mouther is very cruel)....



3
Checker fool! The black must skip over the red, to and fro!
6
Run! Run to the farthest point! Run there and there you will find Tanlorne!
8
Cheese! Anything for cheese!
10
Twist the knife and deeper it will go; lives you will take; loosen your grip for you stab your friends.
11
Cherish your children for, one day, I will eat them.
12
Voice, Voice - I am Their voice! My voice gives Them relevance! I will ask the questions that nobody dares to ask!
13
You will die at the Wall. You will die at the Wall! You will DIE at the Wall! You will all die at the Wall!
14
Vow I this for this I know with all certainty: within Cycles of Twelve, Ansara shall be mine!
17
Bloody hands, bloody hands! Blood-soaked, your talons tear your way to the heart and intestines; you consume the kidney; you lick the lung; the meat you rend is the flesh of humanity.
20
[In Barbarian]: We glide. We fly! We spread like a disease. Released, our will is on the wind, the bitter taste on the tip of every tongue, for you are the cook.
21
[In Dwarvish]: Qwartzhollow. Qwartzhollow! Herein I will breathe Quartzhollow’s name and when I’m to exhale, I shall visit the dreams of every Dwarf of that name. I will feast upon their fear.
24
Your nose isn’t the only thing that’s bleeding.
26
[In Barbarian]: “You have given shape to our buried flesh. Listen for our voices in the churning sea.”
27
In Pax Arcana, its match sits impotent and eyeless. It will beg for your mercy. It will do anything for your attention.
28
Puncture! Rupture! Pierce and skin! Cleave! Swing! Cut and poke and rend! Please, bring your steely weapons closer so that I may gently kiss your naked skin ...
30
Tanlorne! Tanlorne! You must go to Tanlorne! It’s closer to me!
33
The skies will conspire against you. I feed your noxious breath.
34
Hate! Hate! Hate is everything, it’s all I feel, within me is the byle, the spittle anger and malice! I am hate! I am living hate and anguish! hate hate hate hate hate
40
Everyone you cherish will burn. Forgive me, I am a liar. Rather,  everyone you cherish will sing a chorus of your praise. They will know you for what you are. Woops, I’m lying again. Rather, I will tell you the truth: those whom you cherish the most will come to speak to you in my voice.
43
[The Voice of your Mother]: If I could have reached up my cunt and pulled your unformed fetus from my womb, I would have.
46
Quickly cut the noise from me, you cunt!
47
Bury your fears in my bosom; I miss your touch - I will kiss away your tears; I will consume your fear.
48
Find the hole and fuck me, you bitch!
49
Mine is the voice of Agoolik, and He does not forget nor forgive the trespass of His enemies.
50
Chew, chew, chew, chew, chew, CHEW CHEW CHEW!
51
The corpses of all your friends and family may be found downed in the harbor, Llewellyn. Take a trip. Take a boat. Peer down into the watery depths. You will see their faces. You will listen to their screams.
52
You were raped at Pax Arcana, your simple mind expunged of the experience. Would you like to know who violated your cunt?
57
The Druids will pay for their interference!
58
Our fate rests in your inaction and inattention. Your fate lies in the mercy you can convince us to show you.
59
You will find yourself on an endless sea; your friend will have never known dry land; your friend will hold the key to finding Tanlorne; your friend will betray you; her name is Aleshya.
60
No! Shatter and silence! Speak none of it! They can’t go to Tanlorne! Should they go there, they will find the implements to destroy us!
61
Ahhhh!
64
[In Dwarvish]: “PAIN PAIN PAIN PAIN I’m in PAIN my body it’s biting me, I have no skin, we have so many eyes and so many teeth, my body is in pain!”
66
Choice.
67
No one will trust you when you return to the Parish: you will not be given quarters; you will not be given soup; others will believe you to be a liar.
70
The Song of Clearwaters will be a sad one. Your son will bear your scars.
73
At night, when you try to dream, you will only dream of me. Me. Me and my words. My mouths. My tongues.
74
Come - you will join in our chorus! You will speak as we speak! For the imprisoned! We speak for the Imprisoned! Freed! They will walk upon the earth again!
75
[In Dwarvish]: The name Rockhammer died a long while ago. How? A plague, one that devours the flesh from the insides, consumed your family, Vongur. We ate them.
76
Noodley appendages!
78
Shrill voices will visit you in the night, Tolman. They will be ours, whispering into your mind. Listen for us.
79
You’re so pretty, so beautiful, so delicious! I want to lick your skin and tantalize you, bring you to a flight of ecstasy you’ve never experienced.
81
[In Dwarvish]: My friends, my friends, there’s no exit here; no exit. There’s only an entrance; entrance; gateway; opening; portal. Tanlorne is on the other side! Side, side, side.
85
Know this, Champion: As Isthmeira’s reign over the oceans weakens - and my tide rises - you allowed it to happen.
86
Maggots! Maggots! Maggots in my hands, maggots in my eyes! Tooth, nail, scratch, claw - rip them out! Rip them out!
87
[In Dwarvish]: An Emissary walks among us! An Emissary of Barronar Truesilver! I’m afraid of the Emissary! I’m afraid!
88
Bring me my fighting trousers.
89
When Rhackdalia falls, a silence will awash the earth; the voice of mankind will be hushed; his homeland reclaimed, Jarl Lars will rise, and reunite the Wintergale Clan.
91
[In Dwarvish]: “No, don’t run! You can’t run! Down into the Pit, boys! It’s a safe passage, a safe way … it’s the Khannel Duegar!” (followed by laughter)
97
Traitor! Traitor! There is a traitor among you. You have been sold out.
98
Ma’yah Ma’yah Ma’yah Look LOOK LOOK LOOK closer! Closer into eye! See what it sees! Witness: the last moments, the last breathes, the last shrill cry of pain, ever taken by your sister, as the Wall falls ...
100
LIAR LIAR LIAR LIAR LIAR LIAR LIAR!

The battle was pitched and furious. "YORK! YORK! YORK!", it screamed and howled.

The party's spell casters were nearly depleted from the last encounter and there hadn't been much time to rest and regain their abilities.

When some ghasts were dispatched, others would come and take their place in the attack!

When the party would approach the Gibbering Mouther, various saving throws had to be passed as to not become stuck in the gooey surface of the ground they were standing on, and then they had to suffer its monstrous bite! Gorbash fell, Tamroohk fell, and Tolman nearly bit it, too!

Luckily, Seigride had supplies of Keoghtom's Ointment on-hand and vigorously massaged fallen comrades back to health.

Finally, on the 10th round, all was quiet. The party members had concluded that the Gibbering Mouther was the last manifestation of York, one of the owners of the mine, that had apparently earned a reward for his digging and didn't quite find what he was expecting.

Nearly one minute had passed in game time.

When we return, it'll still be around 9am on the 14th of Bearguard, Rose: 47.

R



No comments:

Post a Comment